Sage in Vojščica
Already since the year 2007 in Vojščica, the first Sunday in April is reserved for traditional SAGE HIKE. The first organization of the hike was Local Community Vojiščica, but in the year 2016 the organization was handed over to newly-established Sport-Cultural-Tourist Society Farjovca, which takes care of the village development.
And from where the name Sage hike comes from? Part of the route of the hike takes us along the slopes of bud valley, where on rocky ridge grows the plantations of sage. During the hike (spring), sage is just in the initial stage of flowering and it smells incredible, which always takes over the hikers. Also in this time, wild asparagus can be seen along the path, which rises high and mighty above the karst slopes.
The beginning and the end of the hike is at the same location every year – next to the old school in Vojščica, but the route of the hike changes a little every year. The path is not difficult, so the hike is suitable for all generations.
During the hike, shorter stops are planned with the view on remains of the heritage, natural and other sights of Karst.
The hike will be led by a trained local tourist guide. Therefore, you are invited on Sunday, April 7th, at 9 a.m. to Vojščica on the traditional annual Sage hike, which this year will be 13th in the raw. Surprises are also awaiting you!
BASIC INFORMATION ABOUT THE HIKE:
- START OF THE HIKE: Vojščica – former village school, gathering at 9 a.m.
- LENGHT OF THE ROUTE: around 14 km
- DURATION: approximate 4 hours
- DIFFICULTY OF THE HIKE: medium difficulty
- EQUIPMENT: suitable hiking shoes, in case of bad weather raincoat is recommendable
- STARTING FEE: 8€ (the price includes guided tour with the guide, start and intermediate aperitif, snack, and lunch)
- NOTES: In case anyone does not want lunch, the price of the hike is 4€. For children under the age of 10, entry is free. In case anyone would like to have a vegetarian menu, contact the organizer (contact info below)
- CONTACT DETAILS:
Gsm: 041-825-569 – Tadej
Fb: Farms Farms Society