Movie On our own land
DAY OF THE EVENT: 5. October 2019
LOCATION OF THE EVENT: Grahovo ob Bači – Koritnica
On Saturday, October 5th, 2019, seventh time in a raw a hike along Themed path On our own land will be held. The start will also this year be at 10 a.m. at the Local home in Grahovo ob Bači (Baška grapa). The hike is included also under Festival of hiking Valley of Soča, Days of European cultural heritage and European year of cultural heritage 2019.
The direction of the hike will be at a settled path. Every year Society Baška Heritage in cooperation CS Grahovo ob Bači, besides the sightseeing of themed boards, enriches the hike with local stories:
- we will remember the 110th anniversary of the establishment of Beekeeping Society Tolmin, which was established in the year 1908 in Grahovo ob Bači. This is why we will stop at the memorial plaque and remember the event with a short cultural program
- memorial to the fallen for freedom in the year 1944
- with a drop of memory, we will commemorate the 50th anniversary of shooting the documentary technological movie The flame in biped, which was in Koritnica recorded by director Mako Sajko
- the story of Rudi Bašelj, NLS fighter, who on 24.4.1944 with burning the petrol in Postojna cave, lit the fire towards freedom
- the view of photo point in Koritnica (Roman wall, location of shooting the movie NSZ, Bohinje railway)
- history of the church of St. Anna
- NLS memorial to the fallen in Koritnica (1972), for which the conceptual design was made by the academic painter, local Ljubo Brovč
The mission of the path is to preserve the memory of creators and locals on the time of shooting the movie, on the basis of which the path was established. We invite you to join us on the path or just on one of the themed points.
The organization, Society Baška Heritage took into the account the recommendations of Alpine convention about sustainable mobility and customized the timeline of the hike according to the train schedule.
- Society Baška Heritage in cooperation with CS Grahovo ob Bači, PGD Grahovo ob Bači
- entire hike: 12 EUR (guide, card, souvenir, drinks, a stew on the sports field)
- Alenka Zgaga, president of Society Baška Heritage
Stržišče 28, 5243 Podbrdo
GSM: +386 (0)41 601 248
- From direction: Škofja Loka – Železniki – Petrovo Brdo – Podbrdo – Grahovo ob Bači (50 km)
- From direction: Idrija – Dolenja Trebuša – Bača pri Modreju (see signpost Podbrdbo) – Grahovo ob Bači
- From direction: Nova Gorica – Most na Soči – Bača pri Modreju (see signpost Podbrdo) – Grahovo ob Bači