15th Teran holiday
In the heart of Teran land
15th holiday in The heart of Teran land will happen on the last Saturday in May. Who will you cheer up with unforgettable Saturday on Karst?
11.00 GUIDED HIKE
– Circular path through the vineyards In the heart of Teran land. Guided by Martin Bizjak.
We will gather on parking lot in village Tomaj, on the meadow in front of Kosovel homestead. Scheduled departure is at 11. o’clock.
13.00 OPENING WITH CULTURAL PROGRAM
– in village Tomaj, on the yard of Tourist farm Škerlj.
- welcome speech by president of LC Tomaj Ben Trampuš, mayor of municipality Sežana David Škrabar
- performance of CS Karst accordion
- speech by Teran queen Tinkara Gulič and Slovenian Order of Knights of wine and European Order of Knights of wine
- Performance of singing ensemble in costumes accompanied by accordion Glas z Vrhov, Development Society Vrh
- proclamation of winning wine and knight wine among open homesteads In the heart of Teran land
- awards for long-term sponsor of the event
The program connects Iztok Gustinčič.
14.00 – 19.30 DEGUSTATION OF WINES ANS CHEESE AT OPENED HOMESTEADS.
At the same time you can taste and see:
In village Tomaj:
- Stands on the market: Girls with lavender – Girls from Karst, mmm Beatrice – small culinary witchcrafts, stand with jewelry
- At farm Petelin – Roglja: stand of coexistance of chocolate and Teran liqueur from chocolate shop Rustika, painting exhibition of Jasmina Rojc and old games and unique rocks from Jelena uršič
- At farm Škerlj: presentation of Kalinie – unique handmage handbags from Anja Škerlj
- At farm Žerjal: degustation of cheese and other products from goat milk, degustation of meat products from Krškopolje pigs and possible viewing of goat on pasture
- At homestead Šonc: presentation of company Agroservis Voda and promotion presentation of project LAS from Karst and Brkini – Local is healthy
In village Križ:
- At farm Bole: exhibition of various handmade works from Andreja Pavletič (products from lavender, jewelry, knitted and crocheted products, paintings on the wood, glass and canvas), stand of products from Karst stone from Katja Juren and accordion player Marko Vouk
- At farm Pipan: stand with pickled vegetables MaQfino
—-o At 16.30 folk singing – Slovenian and Trieste national songs with accordion player Grozdan Rener
—-o At 18.00 – impressions of old and today’s Karst culinary with experienced local housewives
—-o At 15.00 – presentation of book Karst-Križ rights, which were gathered, edited and written by Jasna Majda Peršolja with the accompanying theater Kamišibaj and illustrations from Tanja Samec
—-o Presentation of oldtimer from Littoral Club of lover of old motor vehicles Ballila and traveling ice cream Mihjwc – Jan Birsa
In time of the event you can:
- See Kosovel homestead in Tomaj between hours 14.00 – 17.00
- Visit grave of Srečko Kosovel in Tomaj cemetery
- Walk along Kosovel path
- See both Tomaj churches: church of St. Peter and Pavel and chuch of St. Mary between hours 14.00 – 17.00
- See church St. Cross in Križ between hours 14.00 – 15.30
- In Inn Tomaj and Snack bar Štoka in Križ eat yota at a good price